Are you in need of team player or trying to become one? Having to become a team player is becoming more common in organizations today. Check out this article to find out more about what a team player is and the different characteristics one has.
What Is a Team Player?
Team players are not only those who play on sports team, they are also people who work for an organization. A team player is a person who plays or works well as a member of a team or group. Teams in organizations need strong team players to perform well and reach their goals.
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, .Ephesians 4:1-6
Characteristics of a Team Player
- Committed: Team players should be ready to give more than 100%. They should be committed to being a part of the team for the duration of the project.
- Collaborative: Collaboration is one of the many keys to success when working in a team. A team player should be able to coordinate tasks and work well with the other members. It is important for them to focus on the project and the end result of the project.
- Dependable and Reliable: Team players should be responsible and possess good judgmental skills. It is important for them to be consistent and to know they are being held accountable for their work.
- Communicative: Communication is key when working in a team environment! It is crucial for team players to have clear communication with team members. They need to be confident in the message they are relaying.
- Enthusiastic: Enthusiasm is contagious. Team players needs to have fun when working with their teams. In stressful times, a joke or laugh can go a long way.
- Problem Solver: It is important for a team player to not get stressed out when something changes or something new pops us. It is important to consider different points of views and compromise when these situations arise. While it is important for team players to share their thoughts and ideas, it is also important to consider others suggestions. It important to be open minded!